For any scuba diving enthusiast, a great way to take things to the next level is to enroll in a padi divemaster course. This specialized course will turn anyone from a regular scuba diver into a role model that will motivate others. The PADI Divemaster certification is the first step in becoming an excellent scuba diving trainer. The course aims to help you develop your leadership as well as teach you to supervise any dive activity.
Why take this course?
• You will develop your mentoring skills by learning from the best.
• You will get unlimited diving during the whole course period.
• You will be able to learn from the best master instructors.
• You can get college credit, depending on the instructor.
Once you have completed the course, you can have several jobs in the scuba diving industry like work at local dive centers. In addition, you can assist PADI instructors too. Moreover, you can certify PADI Skin Divers. Furthermore, you can conduct PADI scuba review programs. What is more? Well, you can teach Emergency First Response programs. In short, The Divemaster certification will open a world of possibilities. To be able to enroll in this course, you will have to meet all the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years old
• At least 40 logged dive hours
• Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver.
• A medical statement signed by your physician in the last year.
• must have completed the Emergency First Response in the past two years.
PADI Divemaster Course will teach you to be in control of any diving activities. You will be able to develop the necessary skills to successfully organize a large number of scuba diving activities. Some of the key cases you will learn throughout the course are:
• Awareness of dive environment.
• Main role of the PADI Divemaster.
• Methods for conducting briefings.
• How to organize a recovery project.
• Leading Discover Local Diving programs.
The course is not only full of relevant information but will also teach you through practical experience. Several water skills are included in the course like 15-minute float, 400 meters swim, and 800 meters snorkel swim. The course will allow you to perfect your dive skills so that you can immediately solve any problems that will occur underwater.
The course typically takes between two weeks to two months. The classroom portion of the course can be completed online and, after you finish it, you can continue with the practical course from a local provider. While you have to provide the scuba diving equipment by yourself, a few dive centers will offer you all the required equipment in a start-up pack. As you already are an experienced diver, chances are you already have everything you need.